Nouvelles d'ASIE...

Publié le par member RJP

Nouvelles d'ASIE...

Les chinois font des progrès en Médecine ...

Les poulets Thailandais,  toujours aussi pourris,  font une deuxième victime...

Uthai Thani chickens still dying

Some 200 chickens at an Uthai Thani farm died Sunday, only three days after Thailand's second H5N1 victim in 10 days died from exposure to the deadly virus in the same province, Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan said Sunday.

Khunying Sudarat said Livestock Development Department officials on Thursday night had culled 116 chickens raised at 12 family farms in Sawang Arom district near the victim's home.

Small-scale farmers in the neighbourhood of the latest avian influenza victim--who died Thursday after having contact with sick chickens--had their flocks culled.

The agriculture minister said some 200 chickens out of 20,000 raised on farms in Uthai Thani's provincial capital district died Sunday and that government workers will cull the rest of the poultry without waiting for laboratory tests as the situation could worsen.

Officials will launch a week-long campaign Monday, to eradicate the virus in 29 provinces thought to be more at risk from bird flu. The activities will include registration of all poultry, she said.

The ministry has asked each district to establish a team of 20 officials to be responsible for destroying sick chickens.

Thailand is among the countries hardest hit by the deadly H5N1 virus, having recorded 24 human cases (including 16 fatalities) since the outbreak in 2004. (TNA)




Uthai Thani man dies of bird flu

Virus claims second victim in two weeks

By Apiradee Treerutkuarkul & Surasak Glahan

A 27-year-old man from the central province of Uthai Thani was yesterday confirmed to have died from bird flu, becoming Thailand's second bird flu fatality in two weeks.

The villager from Ban Tung Pattana in Sawang Arom district died on Thursday. But the Department of Medical Sciences did not confirm the case until laboratory results showed that he tested positive for the lethal H5N1 virus strain of avian flu, said Disease Control Department chief Thawat Sundrachan.

The confirmation prompted livestock officials to conduct intense investigations into the case as no report of massive chicken deaths had emerged in the province since the current bird flu outbreak was confirmed on July 24.

Dr Thawat said the man, whose name was withheld, developed flu-like symptoms and a high fever shortly after burying a dead chicken in his backyard with his bare hands on July 17.

He was hospitalised last Sunday and referred to the provincial hospital a day later. The doctors treated him with oseltamivir, an anti-viral medicine to combat the virus, but his condition continued to deteriorate until he died on Thursday .

Dr Thawat said the victim's wife had been put under a two-week surveillance regime. Doctors also gave her oseltamivir tablets although she had not yet developed bird flu-like symptoms.

The man became this year's second human fatality and the country's 16th fatal case since the bird flu outbreak was first confirmed in Thailand in early 2004.

Last week a 17-year-old man from the northern province of Phichit was confirmed dead from the H5N1 virus. Doctors suspected he contracted the virus after burying dead chickens with his hands.

Sawang Arom district in Uthai Thani has now been declared a bird flu-infected area, which allows authorities to employ full-scale disease control measures.

Director of the Livestock Development Department's disease control bureau Nirundorn Aungtragoolsuk said the man did not report to authorities the death of his fowl, so there was no record of unusual chicken deaths in the area. But he conceded the Uthai Thani death was extraordinary since a human case had been confirmed in an area where there was no report of chickens dying en masse.

Uthai Thani was attacked by bird flu during the first and second rounds of the outbreak in 2003 and last year. However, the province had not been listed on the Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry's bird flu-risk zone until yesterday.

''We need to know urgently how the man contracted the virus,'' he said, adding that 116 fowls around the man's house had been culled and samples collected for lab tests, due to come out today.

Caretaker Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan yesterday called a meeting of livestock officials from bird flu-prone provinces and senior agricultural officials in charge of bird flu eradication.

Khunying Sudarat said she would kick off a war against bird flu next week. ''We have to prevent the disease from spreading. If we fail to win this war, it will kill us,'' she said.

But some officials were not convinced the bird flu fight would be that easy.

Agriculture inspector-general Jira Pimollikhit said a manpower shortage was a major obstacle.

''We don't have enough staff to spray disinfectant or conduct the bird flu X-ray programme,'' he said. ''I visited the high-risk zones last week and I didn't see any bird flu prevention measures in place.''

Suthep Limthongkul, an inspector-general in charge of Nakhon Phanom province, where the latest bird flu outbreak was confirmed last week, said compensation for affected poultry farmers was a key to effective bird flu eradication and prevention because many villagers refused to cull their chickens for fear they would not receive compensation.

Le patient qui avait contracté la grippe aviaire au début du mois de juin dernier est sorti ce mercredi de l'hôpital de Shenzhen, dans la Province du Guangdong.

Les autorités ont confirmé que Jiang, 31 ans, qui est conducteur de camion à Shenzhen et qui avait été dépisté porteur du H5N1 le 13 juin dernier. Jiang s'était rendu à un marché de volailles où s'effectuait le commerce de poulets vivants tous les jours avant de manifester des symptômes de fièvre et de pneumonie le 3 juin.

L'état de santé de Jiang a été le plus sérieux parmi tous les patients de H5N1 qui se sont rétablis en Chine, selon le département médical.  Pourtant, il a commencé à se sentir mieux dès la fin juin. Les examens ont montré que le virus de la grippe avaire avait disparu de son organisme le 22 juin. Le 5 juillet, il était en mesure de respirer sans l'aide d'une assistance respiratoire.

Les médecins vont continuer à suivre les conditions physiques de Jiang après sa sortie de l'hôpital, selon la source médicale.

Le cas avait mis en émoi Hong Kong et Macao, proches de Shenzhen, alors qu'il s'agissait du premier cas de la ville champignon du Sud de la Chine. Jiang, est le premier patient adulte de la grippe aviaire a avoir été soigné par les docteurs en Chine. 19 cas de grippe aviaire ont été rapportés depuis l'an dernier en Chine, 12 personnes en sont mortes •

Publié dans Infos Zone ASIE

Pour être informé des derniers articles, inscrivez vous :

Commenter cet article